Parents & Students
Below you will find information, resources and links to the most commonly asked for information.
Attendance Hotline: 231.933.8577
Regular school attendance is important and a major factor in the academic success of each student. Active participation and interaction by students in the classroom is an essential part of the instructional process and is only experienced through regular attendance. The primary responsibility for ensuring regular school attendance rests with the parent(s)/guardian(s) and the student. Through the cooperative efforts of parent(s)/guardian(s), it is hoped each student will develop attendance habits and attitudes which will be helpful to his/her present and future endeavors.
All student absences and lateness (tardies) must be communicated with the school office.
Please be sure to include the following information when communicating with the school office:
- Student’s full name (with spelling)
- Teacher's name
- Applicable date and time
- Your name and relationship to the student
- Reason for the student’s absence (If ill: report student's symptoms and diagnosis by doctor if applicable)
- Length of time you expect the student to be absent or tardy
- Number where you can be reached
Busing & Transportation
If your busing needs change at any time, please contact your school office or call the transportation department at 231.933.1933 for more information.
Daily School Schedule
Start of Day Schedule
- Breakfast: 8:15 AM
- Students Enter Building: 8:25 AM
Student drop-off may begin after 8:25 AM when staff supervisions begins
- Students may go on the playground with staff supervision: 8:25 AM-8:35 AM
- First Bell: 8:35 AM
- Classes Begin: 8:45 AM
- Preschool, 2nd & 3rd Gr. AM Recess: 10:30 AM - 11:00 AM
- Preschool Lunch: 11:15 AM - 11:45 AM
- K Lunch, 1st Gr. Recess: 11:25 AM - 11:45 AM
- 1st Gr. Lunch, K Recess: 11:45 AM - 12:05 PM
- 4th Gr. Lunch, 5th Gr. Recess: 12:15 PM - 12:35 PM
- 5th Gr. Lunch, 4th Gr. Recess: 12:35 PM - 12:55 PM
- 2nd Gr. Lunch, 3rd Gr. Recess: 12:55 PM - 1:15 PM
- 3rd Gr. Lunch, 2nd Gr. Recess: 1:15 PM - 1:35 PM
- K & 1st Gr. PM Recess: 2:00 PM - 2:30 PM
- 4th & 5th Gr. PM Recess: 3:00 PM - 3:30 PM
- Preschool Recess: 3:00 PM - 3:30 PM
- Full Day Dismissal: 3:43 PM
- Half Day Dismissal: 12:07 PM
Documents & Resources
- Spanish Moodle for Families
- TCAPS 24/7 Anytime K-5 Online Learning
- TCAPS Elementary Tech Learning Resources
- Annual Education Report
- Classroom Supply Wish Lists
- Elementary Student Handbook
- School Safety Drills
- District School Year Calendar
Services & Information
Extended Day Child Care
TCAPS extended day child care programs are licensed by the State of Michigan. Extended day programs are available at all TCAPS elementary schools for students in grades K – 5, with select schools offering extended hours for preschool-age students. The programs offer the opportunity for flexible scheduling, personal attention from an experienced staff and enrichment activities that develop social skills, teamwork and interpersonal relationships.
Before school hours begin at 7:00 a.m. and continue until the start of the school day. The after school hours begin when the school day ends and continues until 6:00 p.m. each day. The program starts with the first scheduled day of school and ends with the last scheduled day of school. This service is available to parents on a pre-arranged and pre-paid basis. Visit the TCAPS Extended Day Child Care website for registration information and contact information.
Field Trip Info & Forms
Library Media Center
Monday - Friday
8:10 AM - 3:40 PM
Volunteers are always welcome in the library. Please contact Martha Topol for more information. Thank you
- Menus & Prices
- Nutritional Information
- Pay for Lunch Online
- Free/Reduced Online Lunch Application
- Request Special Dietary Needs Accommodation Form
Welcome to the Willow Hill Cafe!
Parents and family members, you are welcome to join your student for lunch (you may bring a cold lunch or purchase a hot lunch) - please sign in at the office. You may visit the cafeteria or office to set up a lunch account for your student. Also, student lunch accounts may be set up by sending in cash in advance with your student to be turned in to their classroom. You may also send cash for hot lunch to "pay as you go".Please note we are an allergy aware school-please observe noted tables.
National School Breakfast Program
All schools in the TCAPS district participate in both the National School Lunch and Breakfast Programs. A hot breakfast is available every school day that school is in session. If your child participates in the Free or Reduced School Lunch Program, they automatically qualify to receive breakfast at free or reduced rates as well. All students and their families are invited to have breakfast at school View current menu pricing. All schools will have drinking water and cups available in the cafeteria at lunch time. We invite students to bring water bottles to fill during lunch to help decrease waste. Skim chocolate and white milk will still be offered at lunch. Juice will be available to at breakfast only.
- Breakfast Service: 8:15 AM
- Lunch Service: 11:20 AM - 1:30 PM (see daily school schedule for each grade's time slot)
Willow Hill Elementary School PTO invites all parents to get involved in school activities and events and/or considering becoming a member of the PTO board. The PTO works throughout the year to bring quality enrichment opportunities to our students as well as raise funds for student programming. PTO meetings are held quarterly and are open to the public. All Willow Hill families are encouraged to attend. Please join us to learn more.
Reminders from the Office
Please Plan Ahead
We realize that mornings are often a busy, hectic time but we need to ask parents to please make your after school plans with your children before they leave for school in the morning. There are occasional unexpected changes in schedules and emergencies that must be communicated with your child before dismissal. All phone calls requesting a last minute change in transportation (pickup, bus, walk) or destination (extended day, home, sitter), must be received by the office before 2:30 PM. We appreciate your cooperation!
Student Pick Up & Drop Off
Just a reminder that students should not be dropped off at school prior to 8:25 AM. We want to keep your children safe, and staff supervision does not begin until 8:25 AM. We do offer an extended day child care program for students which begins at 7:00 AM and ends at 6:00 PM. Breakfast is served at 8:15 AM. We appreciate your assistance in this matter.
Prescription and over-the-counter medications need to have a doctor’s written approval along with a parent signature to administer during the school day. These forms can be picked up at the school office or are available in the student handbook.
Thank you for your cooperation, as we strive to provide our students with a safe school environment.
There are multiple ways you can find out if school is closed due to inclement weather:
- All local radio and televisions stations announce school closings on a regular basis
- Call the bus hotline - 231.933.1955
- Visit the district website or the school website. A pop up will come on the screen if there is a closing alert (pop up blocker must be turned off)
- Follow the district on Facebook and/or Twitter
Want more information? View Snow Day FAQs
Translation of any documents, or during any meeting, will be provided for any parent who requests translating. The process to request translation is:
Contact your school and make a request. The school will then make the request through the Human Resources Department, and a translator will be provided. A school may use the Tele-Interpreter Service if no translator is available, or if translation services are an immediate need.
Throughout the school year, Willow Hill Elementary School looks for parent volunteers to help in various positions. If you are interested in volunteering, please contact the main office or speak with your child's teacher. All volunteers will need to complete the district's online volunteer application and a background check before volunteering at the school. To complete the application and for more information on volunteering, please visit the district's volunteer page. Thank you for your support!