Learning, Enrichment & Athletic Program
Learning, Enrichment, Athletic Program
Attention parents: the LEAP Office is currently updating our online registration system. Registration for the 2017-18 school year will be live and open on Tuesday, August 1st, 2017. Thank you for your patience as we upgrade our systems.
Register & Learn More
Click on the links below to register for all LEAP activities. A current list of offerings and registration deadlines is below. Additional opportunities will be added as they become available, so be sure to check back often!
- Payment is due at the time of registration
- Register online by clicking on the LEAP offering to be taken to the registration page. (MasterCard, Visa Discover and ACH accepted for most programs)
- Payment with cash or check can be made in the LEAP office located at Central High School, 1150 Milliken Drive, Traverse City. Please use the main school entrance. The LEAP office is located just inside the doors to the right. School year office hours: Monday - Friday, 8:30 AM - 4:30 PM. Please call the LEAP office at 231.933.1758 for more information.
|Sport / Activity||Grade||Registration Deadline||Practice Starts||Season Ends|
|Acting Academy||6th-8th||Friday before start of term|
|Art Classes at Crooked Tree Arts Center||PreK-12th||varies||varies||varies|
|Cheer - Fall Season||7th-8th||8/19/16||8/22/16||10/19/16|
|Cheer - Junior Pom Clinic||1st-5th||2/11/17||2/11/17||2/11/17|
|Cheer - Winter Season||6th-8th||10/14/16||10/24/16||2/25/17|
|College Financial Aid Information Workshop||6th-8th||5/2 & 5/3/17|
|Drama Kids||1st-5th||varies by school|
|Junior Roller Derby||Ages 8-17||varies by session||varies by session||varies by session|
|LEGO Robotics: Underwater Creatures||1st-3rd||4/7/17||4/12/17||5/3/17|
|Martial Arts||PreK-5th||varies by session|
|NMC Children's Choir||2nd-3rd||1/19/17||1/26/17||4/27/17|
|Rowing-Middle School||6th-8th||until filled||5/13/17||6/10/17|
|Track & Field||4th-5th||3/23/17||4/3/17||5/18/17|
|Track & Field||6th-8th||4/3/17||4/3/17||5/ 26/17|
|YMCA Triathlon Training||5th-12th||varies||1/10/17||2/9/17|
*Registration deadlines are final. Late registrations may not be accepted after the posted registration close date.
*Reduced rates are available to those who qualify for the free/reduced meal program for select offerings. Please see individual offerings for prices and availability.
You may also register in person at the TCAPS LEAP Office located at Central High School, 1150 Milliken Drive. Our location is just inside the main entry doors on the right.
What is LEAP?
LEAP, also known as the Learning, Enrichment and Athletic Program, provides athletic, arts and enrichment opportunities for preschool through 12th grade students. It is the vision of LEAP to provide students with increased opportunities for engagement beyond the school day through educational and recreational activities to improve learning, health, and wellness. Programs goals include 1) ensuring access to available programming for each student committing to participate in athletic and/or recreational activities offered through LEAP, and 2) participants, coaches, parents, and spectators will demonstrate the highest degree of sportsmanship at all times.
Expectation of LEAP Participants
- Attend all scheduled practices and competitions
- Give best effort at all times
- Conduct self in sportsmanlike fashion at all times
- Treat teammates with respect
- Have fun
*Any behavior which is contrary to LEAP vision, mission, and/or program goals could result in an individual (student, parent, and/or coach) or team being denied further access to program offerings.
Sports Physical Requirement (Grades 6-8)
All 6th, 7th & 8th grade students must have a physical dated on or after April 15, 2017, on file prior to the start of their sports season.
The physical form gives TCAPS representatives the ability to authorize treatment in case of a medical emergency. Once on file, sports physicals are good for one school year. Physical forms can be turned into main office at East Middle School and the North Wing Office at West Middle School.
Download sports physical form
LEAP Admission Prices
Admission prices for LEAP middle school football, basketball and volleyball activities are as follows:
- Adults - $3.00
- Students - $2.00
- Children 5 & Under - Free
- Adults - $5.00
- Students - $3.00
- Children 5 & Under - Free
All-Access Sports Passes
All-Access Sports Passes are available for purchase and include admission to all LEAP and TCAPS high school athletic events. MHSAA tournaments are excluded. Prices are $90 adults, $60 students, and $30 seniors. Passes can be purchased from the LEAP Office, located at Central High School as well both high school athletic offices.
Interested in Coaching?
LEAP offers excellent opportunities for parents and community members to volunteer as a coach for its multiple sports programs. Most positions are non-paid, volunteer positions, however, some middle school coaching positions do offer a small stipend.
How to Apply
- Please call the LEAP office at 231.933.1758 to express your interest in a coaching position.
- In addition to calling the LEAP office, for all volunteer positions, please complete the TCAPS volunteer application so the appropriate background check may be completed.
- View all current paid coaching opportunities available. Complete the online application process for the position(s) you desire and be sure to call the LEAP office to express your interest.