Parents & Students
Below you will find information, resources and links to the most commonly asked for information.
Common Forms, Documents & Resources
- 2016-17 Music Boosters Scholarship Application
- Athletic Physical Form
- Concussion Information & Form
- Enrollment Information & Forms
- Free/Reduced Lunch Online Application
- Medication Treatment Form
- Military Opt-Out Form
- Off Campus Lunch Parent Permission Form
- Online Progress and Compliance Form
- Pre-Arranged Absence Request Form
- Student/Parent Laptop Agreement Form
- Transcript Requests
- Yearbook Online Orders
PowerSchool Public Portal (Grades)
There are multiple ways you can find out if school is closed due to inclement weather:
- All local radio and televisions stations announce school closings on a regular basis
- Call the bus hotline - 231.933.1955
- Visit the district website or the school website. A pop up will come on the screen if there is a closing alert (pop up blocker must be turned off)
- Follow the district on Facebook and/or Twitter
Want more information? View Snow Day FAQs
Academic Assistance Services
For academic assistance information at Central High School, please contact:
- CHS offers free after school tutoring from 3:15 p.m. - 4:30 p.m. in the LMC(Room B142) Monday through Thursday. Tutoring is available for all students and subjects and levels. Every student is welcome and encouraged to attend. For information regarding transportation, call 231.933.3570.
- Tutor List - A list of tutors is compiled for you as a courtesy service of TCAPS. Certified teachers included on this list have indicated an interest in tutoring and have been reviewed by the TCAPS human resources staff. We recommend that you interview tutors to determine if they fit your needs and to make individual arrangements directly with the tutor.
Additional Counseling / Student Services
- For additional assistance, please visit the school counseling office or call 231.933.3560.
Here at Central, the term “Academy” is used to refer to our smaller learning communities structure. In this model, students are housed in three distinct academies. Incoming freshmen will enroll in an exploratory Freshmen Academy designed to encourage a “voyage of self-discovery” as students seek to identify their academic strengths, interests, and goals. Students entering grades 10-12 are able to select between two thematic academies: the Academy of Arts and Humanities, and the Business-Science-Technology-Engineering-Mathematics (BSTEM) Academy. Each academy includes teams of teachers from math, English, social studies, and science content areas who work together in an interdisciplinary approach to ensure both personalization and academic rigor. View more information about the academies and strands on our Academies webpage.
Classroom Resource Links
Clubs & Academic Teams
Clubs are an excellent way for students to be involved during their high school years. Below are several clubs offered at Central High School:
- Debate Team
- Fellowship of Chistian Athletes
- Key Club
- Model United Nations
- Natural Helpers
- National Honor Society
- View more club information
Don't see a club you want to join? Why not start one?
High School Programs
Visit the TCAPS High School page to learn more about the various programs and resources offered to high school students, such as:
Busing & Transportation
If your busing needs change at any time, please contact your school office or call the transportation department at 231.933.1933 for more information.
New Student Enrollment Information
For enrollment information, please contact TC Central registrar Anna Kane at 231.933.3505.
Before a student is actually enrolled at the high school we must have the following information:
Transcript of grades/classes earned to-date from previous school(s)
Immunization/Health Record in accordance with TCAPS Board Policy & State Statute (must be on file before student can receive schedule or attend) View Immunization Requirements
Certified Birth Certificate or other birth document along with a Birth Affidavit form
Proof of Residency in the Central High School attendance area (i.e. gas bill or lease) or a release (Schools of Choice form) from school district of residence
Release of Information card (if applicable)
Legal documentation for Custody/Guardianship/Court Ward status if applicable
Please contact Anna Kane at 231.933.3505 if your son/daughter will be enrolling at Central High School. An appointment will be scheduled after all above information has been provided.
For additional information and enrollment forms, please visit the TCAPS Enrollment Information webpage.
Field Trip Info & Forms
Translation of any documents, or during any meeting, will be provided for any parent who requests translating. The process to request translation is:
- Contact your school and make a request. The school will then make the request through the Human Resources Department, and a translator will be provided.
- A school may use the Tele-Interpreter Service if no translator is available, or if translation services are an immediate need.
Throughout the school year, Central High School looks for parent volunteers to help in various positions. If you are interested in volunteering, please complete our Parent Volunteer Form. Thank you for your support!