Welcome to Long Lake Elementary School
Home of the Panthers!
Long Lake Elementary School is a preschool through 5th grade school located just six miles west of downtown Traverse City. One of 12 elementary schools in the Traverse City Area Public Schools (TCAPS) district, it is nestled on 40 beautiful acres in Long Lake Township.
Long Lake Elementary School provides a positive learning environment for all children, parents, and staff. Staff at Long Lake believe students must feel connected to their school and their learning environment in order to develop a sense of their own potential. Teachers strive to ensure every child is physically and mentally challenged through immersion in high level, inspiring tasks and activities. Students develop a strong connection with the school’s teachers, staff, and their peers that is vital to a child’s educational growth and development.
What Our Parents Say
- "Teachers truly, deeply, and passionately care about our children"
- "Long Lake is a family for us!"
- "The teachers and staff are all fantastic and are so committed to the kids - they love what they do and it shows!"
- "Close-knit, caring staff that strives to provide the best learning environment."
- "Long Lake has always had a family feel to it. Everyone supporting each other!"
- "Teachers and staff seem to take the time to get to know the children personally!"
- "At Long Lake, students are valued as people!"
- "Positive, safe learning environment, filled with teachers willing to go the extra mile for all of their students."
- "Staff show creativity and openness to try new projects."
- "Staff deeply care about kids and work hard to keep parents involved."
We encourage you to visit our school and become a Panther for a day!
Long Lake Elementary School, a community-oriented learning center, is dedicated to preparing each child to be an independent, enthusiastic, life-long learner and a productive member of society by providing a strong educational environment that will assure success in an ever-changing world.