2016-2017 LEAP Softball
For Grades 6-8
About the Program
LEAP middle school softball will be open to girls, grades 6-8, at both East and West Middle Schools. The program begins the week of April 3rd and runs for six weeks. During that time, girls will be coached on the fundamental skills needed for the game including throwing, fielding, hitting and pitching. Games will be scheduled with other comparable school teams from the area throughout the season with exact schedules TBD. LEAP will provide each participant with a dri-fit shirt to keep.
What to Bring
- Bat, Cleats, Helmet, Glove, Mask (Although they are not required, if you have any if these items please bring them to practice.)
- Water Bottle
- April 3, 2017 (After this date, a $25 late fee will be applied to the registration cost.)
Preliminary Evaluation Clinics
- East Middle School – April 3, 4, 5
EMS Big Gym
5:00 PM – 6:30 PM
Parent Meeting: Wed 6:00 PM
- West Middle School – April 3, 4 and 5
Location - TBD
5:00 PM – 7:00 PM
East Middle School
- 6th/7th – Troy Noble, email@example.com
- 7th/8th – John Haddix, firstname.lastname@example.org, 231.313.7776
West Middle School
- 6th/7th – Kathy Breece, email@example.com, 231.499.9832
- 7th/8th – Diane Miller, firstname.lastname@example.org
2016-2017 Sports Physical Requirement
All 6th, 7th & 8th grade students must have a physical dated on or after April 15, 2016, on file prior to the start of their sports season. The physical form gives TCAPS representatives the ability to authorize treatment in case of a medical emergency. Once on file, sports physicals are good for one school year. Physical forms can be turned into main office at East Middle School and the North Wing Office at West Middle School.
Download sports physical form
- $125 before April 3, 2017, or $150 after the deadline.
- Reduced rates are available to those who qualify for the free and reduced meals program. Participation fees for those that qualify are as follows:
- Reduced Meals Participation Fee: $70 if registered by deadline or $95 if registered after the deadline.
- Free Meals Participation Fee: $40 if registered by deadline or $65 if registered after the deadline.
Payment is required at the time of registration. To register online using a MasterCard or Visa, please follow the link below. Payment with cash or check can be made in the LEAP office located at Central High School, 1150 Milliken, Traverse City. Please use the main school entrance, the LEAP office is located just inside the doors to the right. Office hours: Monday – Friday, 8:30 AM – 4:30 PM. Please call the LEAP office at 231.933.1758 for more information.
NOTE: Registration is not complete until you receive an email from Byte confirming the registration. If you do not receive this email within 5 minutes of registering, submit the information again or call the LEAP office (231.933.1758) for assistance. If you did not receive an email from Byte, the payment did not process and the student is not registered.