LEAP Acting Academy
2016-2017 LEAP Acting Academy
For Grades 6-8
About the Program
Drama Kids is run by Rachael Harrell the executive director of Drama Kids Northern Michigan.
Drama Develops Kids! Enthusiastic students who learn to speak out clearly and relate confidently with others will have an inside track to lifetime success. Our specialty is using a wide range of unique drama activities to focus the bold, outspoken child and to draw out the quiet child or the inarticulate child and help them reach into themselves to discover their full potential. Drama Kids International uses our famous copyrighted original curriculum in each class.
Lessons are carefully planned so that students can enroll at any time and will never repeat a lesson. Students participate in a wide range of creative activities including speech, dramatic movement, improvisation, snippets and scene starters. In a fun-filled atmosphere, our classes aim to give young people ongoing confidence, self-esteem and skill in verbal communication.
Classes are held one day per week for one hour, starting 10 minutes after school concludes for the day. Each term runs for fourteen weeks in length. Drama Kids is a year-long program and sessions can be taken individually or continuously. Students who enroll in multiple terms will experience new activities and challenges each term.
There will be a mid-year parent presentation at the conclusion of the fall term. The spring term will conclude with a play to be held on May 7 at the Central High School auditorium.
- For maximum program benefits, continuous enrollment in all terms is recommended.
- All classes start 10 minutes after school dismissal and last one hour.
- There will be mid-year parent presentation the last 20 minutes of class for the fall session and a spring play at Central High School’s auditorium on May 7, 2017.
- Sign-up online directly with Drama Kids
- Questions: please call Drama Kids at 231.432.8764.
- 10% discount for siblings.
- Referral discounts available.
- Cost: $156 per term.
- Reduced rates are not available for this program.
- REGISTRATION DEADLINE IS THE FRIDAY BEFORE THE START OF THE TERM.
East Middle School
Mondays: 2:47 PM – 3:47 PM
- Fall ($156) — 9/26, 10/3, 10/10, 10/17, 10/24, 10/31, 11/7, 11/14, 11/28, 12/5, 12/12, 12/19, 1/9, 1/23
- Spring ($156) — 1/30, 2/6, 2/13, 2/20, 2/27, 3/6, 3/13, 3/21, 4/3, 4/10, 4/17, 4/24, 5/1 and Spring Play on May 7
West Middle School
Wednesdays: 2:47 PM -3:47 PM
- Fall ($156) – 10/12, 10/19, 10/26, 10/2, 11/9, 11/16, 11/30, 12/7, 12/14, 12/21, 1/4, 1/11, 1/18, 1/25
- Spring ($156) — 2/1, 2/8, 2/15, 2/22, 3/1, 3/8, 3/15, 3/22, 4/5, 4/12, 4/19, 4/26, 5/3 and Spring Play on May 7