2016-2017 LEAP Volleyball
For Grades 4-5
Grades 4-5 co-ed volleyball will begin February 11, 2017, with a mini-camp held at both West Senior High School and Central High School. This program will run for six weeks. Teams will be formed at each elementary school that has enough participants to form a team.
- Schools that have the registration numbers and available coaches to support separate 4th and 5th grade teams will do so. Those schools that do not have the registration numbers to support separate teams (i.e 9 total registrants) OR do not have available coaches at each grade level may combine the 4th and 5th grades to have a mixed grade level team.
- Teams of 8-12 players
- Both the Central and West Leagues will compete on Tuesdays and Thursdays. (Except for the week of March 21, in which games will be played both Tuesday and Wednesday.)
- Games will be scheduled between 5 PM and 8 PM at the elementary schools.
- Each team will have an 8 game season.
- In the event school is closed, no LEAP activities will be held per TCAPS policy. There is no guarantee of a make-up date in the case of inclement weather. Missed games will only be made up if schedules allow.
- January 27, 2017 (After this date, a $25 late fee will be added to the cost of registration.)
Season Start and End Dates
- February 11 – March 22, 2017
- On February 11, 2017, a mini-camp will be held from 10 AM – 11:30 AM at West Senior High School
- On February 11, 2017, a mini-camp will be held from 2 PM - 3:30 PM at East Middle School
- February 28, 2017
- Practice will run 1-3 days per week after school at each home school. Exact practice days and times will be determined by the availability of the volunteer coach and will not be known until a coach is in place. Schedules vary from school to school. Following the close of registration, your student’s coach will contact you regarding a more detailed schedule.
- $50 if registered by January 27, 2017, or $75 if registered after the deadline.
- Reduced rates are available to those who qualify for the free and reduced meals program. Participation fees for those that qualify are as follows:
- Reduced Meals Participation Fee: $25 if registered by deadline or $50 if registered after the deadline.
- Free Meals Participation Fee: $12.50 if registered by deadline or $37.50 if registered after the deadline.
Payment is required at the time of registration. To register online using a MasterCard or Visa, please follow the link below. Payment with cash or check can be made in the LEAP office located at Central High School, 1150 Milliken, Traverse City. Please use the main school entrance, the LEAP office is located just inside the doors to the right. Office hours: Monday – Friday, 8:30 AM – 4:30 PM. Please call the LEAP office at 231.933.1758 for more information.
Registration is closed. Please call the LEAP office at 231.933.1758 to be placed on a waiting list for your school’s team.
NOTE: Registration is not complete until you receive an email from Byte confirming the registration. If you do not receive this email within 5 minutes of registering, submit the information again or call the LEAP office (231.933.1758) for assistance. If you did not receive an email from Byte, the payment did not process and the student is not registered.