LEAP Girls' Basketball
2016-2017 LEAP Girls’ Basketball
For Grades 4-5
- Those schools that have the registration numbers and available coaches to support separate 4th and 5th grade teams will do so so providing there are enough teams to form separate leagues. Those schools that do not have the registration numbers to support separate teams (i.e 9 total registrants) OR do not have available coaches at each grade level may combine the 4th and 5th grades to have a mixed grade level team.
- Teams of 7-10 players
- Both the Central and West Leagues will compete on Tuesdays and Thursdays (except for the week of November 21 in which there will be no games scheduled)
- Games will be scheduled between 5 PM and 8 PM at the elementary schools.
- Each team will have an 8 game season.
- In the event school is closed, no LEAP activities will be held per TCAPS policy. There is no guarantee of a make-up date in the case of inclement weather. Missed games will only be made up if schedules allow.
- October 14, 2016 (After this date a $25 late fee will be added to the registration fee.)
Season Start and End Dates
- October 31 – December 15, 2016
- November 15, 2016
- Once the number of teams have been determined at each school, the schedule of games will be posted here.
Practices will run 1-3 days per week after school at each home school that fields enough players for a team. Exact practice days and times will be dependent upon the availability of the volunteer coach and will not be known until a coach is in place. Schedules vary from school to school. Following the close of registration, your student’s coach will contact you regarding a more detailed schedule.
- $50 if registered by the deadline.
- Reduced rates are available to those who qualify for the free and reduced meals program. Participation fees for those that qualify are as follows:
- Reduced Meals Participation Fee: $25 if registered by the deadline.
- Free Meals Participation Fee: $12.50 if registered by the deadline.
Milk Crate Basketball Assistance
Need an “Assist” this season? LEAP is proud to partner with Milk Crate Basketball, a local nonprofit organization assisting KIDS IN NEED with resources to play and enjoy the game of basketball. Through donations and merchandise sales, Milk Crate Basketball provides kids with a wide range of items needed in order to play and enjoy basketball — shoes, basketballs, hoops, athletic wear, registration fees, etc. [Download the Assist Application for this season.]
Want to learn more about Milk Crate Basketball? For more information: visit www.milkcratebasketball.org.
Payment is required at the time of registration. To register online using a MasterCard or Visa, please follow the link below. Payment with cash or check can be made in the LEAP office located at Central High School, 1150 Milliken, Traverse City. Please use the main school entrance, the LEAP office is located just inside the doors to the right. Office hours: Monday – Friday, 8:30 AM – 4:30 PM. Please call the LEAP office at 231.933.1758 for more information.
NOTE: Registration is not complete until you receive an email from Byte confirming the registration. If you do not receive this email within 5 minutes of registering, submit the information again or call the LEAP office (231.933.1758) for assistance. If you did not receive an email from Byte, the payment did not process and the student is not registered.