LEAP College Financial Aid Information Workshop
Come find out why you should never pay sticker price for college!
For Grades 6-8
About the Workshop
What if we told you that, instead of giving all your hard-earned money to these colleges, you only had to give them some of it? Swing by and find out how! Each workshop is a one-hour educational presentation where we cover the basics of financial aid and proper college planning – with an emphasis on how to lower the cost of attendance, increase financial aid eligibility, and lower out-of-pocket expenses. It’s never too early or too late to start finding ways to save.
The workshop will:
- Provide a brief history of the cost of college
- Show how to project the actual cost of college
- Educate on the methods for saving for college
- Outline the process for developing a good plan
- Determine the likely total cost of college
- Find methods to reduce that cost
- Determine if financial, athletic or merit-based aid is likely
- Educate on the steps to take now to be better prepared
- Explain why it’s important to start early
- Review the college process – tips on how to become what colleges want
- Discuss AP, Early College, and Dual Enrollment, and the impact they have
- Prioritize sources for college expenses to protect your life savings
This workshop is being offered at both East Middle School and West Middle School.
By registering for this no-cost workshop, you’ll automatically be entered in a drawing to win a Red Ginger Gift Card. Must be present to win.
The workshop is presented by Michigan College Planning, a local organization that provides families with personalized service for their individual college and career goals.